The purpose of the Fort Worth League of Neighborhoods Association is to protect and enhance the neighborhood concept within the civic structure and to encourage, Communicate, educate, share information, and exchange ideas to promote a better quality of life for the residents of Fort Worth.
For more than twenty-five years, the Fort Worth League of Neighborhoods has made the commitment to ensure that neighborhoods continue to be strong and viable contributors to the quality of life and identity of Fort Worth.
The goals of the Fort Worth League of Neighborhoods are to unite neighborhoods and to give them an effective voice in the critical issues facing them, from zoning and crime, to city parks and urban gas drilling. Our challenge is to support the diversity and stability of neighborhoods throughout the city.
Drawing on its long history as an institution and the collective experiences of its member organizations, the League provides education, guidance and advocacy to its member and to the region at large.
As the umbrella organization of neighborhood associations, we represent a united front within the civic structure. Our members stay abreast of the latest issues and happenings within the city that affect our neighborhoods. The League is committed to equipping its members to better serve their associations.
Click here to see how your neighborhood association or homeowners association can join the League!
League of Neighborhood Associations
April 19, 2014
Feedback from the Performance and Responsiveness
General Membership Meetings
Only one attendee could give feedback on prior general meetings – most attendees had NOT attended a League general meeting. - One attendee said that meetings need to stay FOCUSED on topic and not jump to extraneous issues.
Current meeting date and time was considered good
The following are suggested future meeting topics:
- How to improve police communications – Is resident communication limited to just the NPO? Not all NPO's are responsive – wide differences in performance
- How to combat drugs and gangs
- Pros and Cons of encouraging business members in N.A.
- What are other neighborhood associations doing with local businesses?
- NA membership strategies? What are successful NA's doing to increase membership and participation?
- How to write N.A. bylaws
What are we doing right?
Wide support for conducting today's Presidents' Summit – Good idea
What can League improve upon?
(Suggestions for improvement)
- Email addresses of people who attended the Pres. Summit today need to be added to the Leagues' Constant Contact List. Many in attendance today do not receive general meeting notices.
- Establish mentorships between neighborhood associations so that successful N.A.'s help other N.A.'s.
- The League should write and distribute “How To” Lists and Manuals (available on League website(?)) on how to work with the Board of Adjustment and Zoning Commission, etc. One suggestion was that the League should create updated videos on the processes of interfacing with city boards and commissions and keep them current.
- Would like a list of email addresses of NA presidents so that updates and expertise an be shared more quickly, rather than waiting for quarterly League meetings.